A Southern California native with a passion for good food, adventure, and all things beautiful. Join me for skincare advice, beauty and makeup reviews, style and fashion tips, and more!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Fashion Faves :: Met Gala 2014

Karolina Kurkova wearing Marchesa

The Met Gala is like the Oscars of the fashion world- seriously THE MOST glamorous red carpet event of the year. I mean, who doesn't look forward to seeing the stars strutting down the red carpet decked out in Couture pieces? Of all the red carpet events, the Met Gala seems to be the time when we see the most risks taken on the red carpet, sometimes with looks not short of outrageous.

Last night's gala had lots of risk takers as well as some not so exciting looks. I feel like for an event like this, it's better to go all out than to wear something not memorable. Here's a roundup of my favorites from last night.

Karolina Kurkova's Marchesa gown was absolutely stunning. It was structured like origami, yet maintained a very feminine and fluid silhouette with a gorgeous hand-painted print. I like that she kept her hair and makeup simple, and let the dress be the main focal point of her look. Just stunning.

Lea Michele in Altuzzara
Lea Michele looks amazing in gold! Her slightly tanned skin was just glowing in this gold lamé gown from Altuzarra and she looked very grecian goddess-like. Quite a simple dress, but the gold fabric was very eye-catching.





It seems a lot of the dresses that I liked from last night are from Zac Posen.  I've always admired Zac Posen as a designer; his designs are so flattering to a woman's figure and this dress is no exception. I love the emerald green color (my favorite color) and the skirt of the dress just looks so soft and fluffy like a cloud. Just love this look!

Suki Waterhous in Burburry
I was quite on the fence for a little bit on this Burburry gown that Suki Waterhouse wore. The tiered ruffles eventually won me over, as I'm just such a big fan of ruffles. She really does look beautiful and the dress is definitely a head turner. 

Dita Von Teese in Zac Posen
Another Zac Posen dream creation. I'm serious, this man can do no wrong! All of his designs are just stunning! What i really loved about this dress was the bottom part (again with that mermaid sihouette)! The nude/red colors together were so sexy and glamorous and definitely fit Dita Von Teese's persona quite well. She looked like a retro-glam dream!

Georgia May Jagger in Sergio Rossi
Georgia May Jagger is just so beautiful, I'm sure she would have looked amazing in anything. I liked the plunging neckline and the up-to-there slit on the dress. Very sexy and very seductive and a lot different from the ballgown type dresses a lot of the other attendees were wearing. She really had the bombshell factor working for her in this dress!

Kendall Jenner in Topshop
Lastly, Kendall Jenner was another favorite of mine. I just adore the mermaid silhouette in general and thought her body looked amazing in it. She's so tall and slim and the dress accentuated her figure so nicely. I was surprised that the dress was actually from Topshop though! Evening gowns isn't something that I would normally expect from the high street British brand.  I just wished the fabric didn't look so wrinkled...but what can you do!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading and commenting!!

If you have any specific questions, send me an email! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...