A Southern California native with a passion for good food, adventure, and all things beautiful. Join me for skincare advice, beauty and makeup reviews, style and fashion tips, and more!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Lost In Atlantis


While I do love swishy dresses, sometimes I prefer a shift dress due to its simplistic silhouette and its ability to flatter a small frame. When I saw this one on the Sugarlips website, I knew it'd be perfect for the summer months. With clean lines and a color-blocking ruffle down the front, this "Lost in Atlantis" dress definately sets itself apart from the usually structured shift dresses. The dress has perfectly mastered a balance between the sporty look, that has been so popular this season, and an understated femininity. I'm completely smitten!

I thought the dress stood out really well on it's own, so I decided not to wear any jewelry as to not overpower the dress's chic simplicity. I paired them with my Zara heels for a pop of contrasting orange (I can't seem to get enough of the orange and blue color combination!). Tell me what you think!!!


Dress//c/o Sugarlips (found here)
Shoes//Zara











22 comments:

  1. Nice mix of different colors, I love orange touch of your shoes particulary!
    Kisses!

    http://thebrunettecomplex.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this classic look! And can I just say that I loveeee your skin! :)

    http://bydetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this dress is so unique!!
    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shoes!



    Théa Unknown
    http://theaisunknown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous dress, it looks gorgeous on you!:)Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit on you! Those heels are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this dress on you, it's so pretty! The colors, the ruffles, and the back detail.. this dress is pretty much perfect. Thanks for stopping by, I'm your newest follower. Hope you get a chance to visit again! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow stunning outfit - those shoes are killer with that dress!

    latrDAYS
    - katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and interesting look!

    www.lam-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hih, I just bought the exact same sandals from Zara except they are red&pink.

    I loove your blog! I wish you amazing day!

    xx H

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the color block look in this entire outfit...very lovely.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah, definitely a good decision to let the dress make all the statement! It's gorgeous on its own, and the contrasting heels are a beautiful touch :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress is gorgeous and I love it with the orange sandal heels :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love everything !
    your hair are sooo stunning ! great !
    if you like my blog please follow :)
    http://fashionistasdreamer.blogspot.com/
    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply perfect, I adore that dress! And your hair looks enchanting. *.*

    http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog!! What do you think about following each other? I think we should.

    Much Love,
    amyklundt.blogspot.com

    P.S. You are beautiful and I love those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Love your look :) Found today your blog and i´m now following! Hope you can follow my baby blog back :) Kisses

    http://bijou-minou.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love those shoes, so chic!

    http://sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colour-blocking of this outfit! Beautiful!

    Melissa
    www.prettyinpolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!!

If you have any specific questions, send me an email! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...